Test of English as a Foreign Language
1. TOEFL covers the linguistic skills of listening reading, writing and speaking.
2. The TOEFL test opens more doors than any other academic English text. More 6,000 institutions and agencies in 110 countries rely on TOEFL scores students with the English skills needed to succeed.
3. Most people take the TOEL test as a prerequisite for admission into college and universities where English in used or required .In addition, many government, licensing, and certification agencies and exchange and Scholarship programs use TOEFL scores to evaluate the English proficiency of people for whom English is not their native language.
4. Reading measures the ability to understand academic reading matter. Listening measures the ability to understand English as its is used in colleges and universities. Speaking measures the ability to speak English. Writing measures the ability to write in a way that is appropriate for College and university course work.
5. One needs to qualify TOEFL for graduating in to higher mode of education in any foreign university and number of institutions and agencies ask for an official TOEFL test score reports for foreign studies.